Self Drafted Peg Skirt


I'm a big fan of the peg skirt, even before I knew what it was called. It has pockets included and makes me look like I have a waist as the skirt flares out and tapers down. 


I can't remember how I stumbled upon this tutorial but it was sitting on my pinterest 'To Craft - clothes' board for a while before I decided it was time to start using my self drafted skirt block as a base for bigger and better things. That and I wanted to make a dress like this. 


The bodice looks pretty similar to new look 6144. Which I picked up in a 3 patterns for $15 sale a while back also.



Sometimes inspiration pieces have a way of motivating me to actually get off my butt to sew instead of just pinterest-ing things I would like to sew. I used Rhonda's peg skirt tutorial which comes in two parts here and here and it was easy enough to follow. 



This is what the skirt looks like without a belt, ignore the face, it's the best one I have of the skirt. Next time I'll move the pleat closest to the centre towards the centre front a bit more. 





It looks better belted to seperate the blob of my top and to cinch my waist to give the illusion of a nice silhouette, as does my awkwardly lean-y pose.


I just used the back of my skirt block pattern to complete the back of the peg skirt. 


Hop on over to Rhonda's Creative Life and check out her peg skirt tutorial.


Happy Crafting
Mel
mel@all.wrapped.up Web Developer

The indecisive crafter

5 comments:

  1. Your skirt is absolutely amazing!!! Congratulations on a job well done! And thanks for the links :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt looks fab and I love it paired with the yellow top. Thanks for the heads up on the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt! And that top goes with it so well, belt or no belt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We refer to them as Tulip skirts in the UK. Yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you mind me sharing this on Sassy Sewing Bees in the future? I link to your post and let you know when. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete