Simplicity 2444 dress


Finally back from Bendigo rural rotation and now have unlimited access to my sewing machine, plus or minus studying for exit exam and organising a puppy sitter for Russell. I managed to cut this dress out whilst on rotation and then sewed it up in 2 hours when I was back for the weekend. It's been done for a couple of weeks but miserable weather and a dog who has developed a habit of licking my clothes when he sees me for the first time in them means it has taken a while to get a good photo.


Funny story actually. I tried to put on my dress to photograph yesterday and it wouldn't fit! I put it over and under and it wouldn't go over my shoulders or butt. And I really did not think I had put on thatttttttttt much weight whilst I'd been away. Lucky I realised I had sewn up the zipper and resewn a dodgy looking section on my invisible zipper which interrupted the zipper track.

Also it has pockets!
 





In the making of this dress I learnt to bag and line a dress which was definitely easier than fiddling with facings and facings popping out when you attempt to wear it. 

I'm still not exactly certain on my pattern size. I cut a size 6 which fits very nicely as long as I have a longer zipper to help get it over my butt. I ran out of fabric for my skirt so I cut rectangular blocks and did a quick running stitch to gather it to make the skirt, took very few minutes.
 

Pattern Description: Fit and flare dress with diagonal pleat bodice

Pattern Sizing: 6

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, but I did a bagged lining rather than facings for the dress. I didn't use the proper skirt pattern as I only had 2 metres of fabric

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Liked the unique bodice but not too sure how good the sizing was

Fabric Used: Black Broadcloth

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Bagged lining and simple gathered skirt
 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, good wardrobe builder

                                                       Happy Crafting!


mel@all.wrapped.up Web Developer

The indecisive crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment